We look for Master/PhD students and young professionals (within 10 years after graduation) with at least an academic Bachelor’s degree in any technical subject. If you are close to obtaining such a Bachelor’s degree or holding a bachelor’s degree or higher and a strong interest in Maintenance Management & Engineering you may apply as well.
Full attendance is required to obtain the certificate. 2 ECTS will be assigned upon completion of the WCM Summer School. If you are a (PhD) student it is up to students’ home institutions as to how much credit is finally awarded but we are happy to advise them and if necessary provide them with the course program.
If you want to participate apply and fill in the WCM Summer School application form (before June 1st 2022)!
WCM Summer School 2022 fee
For students, company professionals and Defense participants there are different fees:
- Master student: € 75 (excl. VAT and lodging)
- Master student: (incl. basic lodging): € 175 (excl. VAT)**
- PDeng/PhD student: € 595 (excl. VAT and lodging)****
- WCM member: € 2175 (excl. VAT and lodging) (including discount for silver, gold and platinum members, up to three 3 participants)
- Defense participant * (applying for scholarship) (€ 1033 excl. VAT, incl. free lodging at military barracks)***
- Defense participant * (not applying for scholarship) (€2175 excl. VAT, incl. free lodging at military barracks)***
- Company professional (or other): € 2395 (excl. VAT and lodging)****
*6 special scholarships are available to participants of the Ministry of Defense, first applicants are given the scholarship.
- No lodging
- Basic lodging for master students: € 100 **
- Hotel very near to main location: € 350 – 600 (depending on room availability) ****
** By basic lodging we mean a simple by the WCM organisation selected hotel. The rooms are efficiently furnished. Due to COVID-19, rooms will be individual, not shared. Basic lodging is only available for students, because of the limited availability of rooms. The cost for basic lodging, including breakfast, is €100 for a max. of 5 nights. If basic lodging is not available you will receive information about other hotel rooms reserved by the organization.
*** Military participants can reserve their own free room at the military barracks. Please arrange this as soon as possible.
**** The hotel rooms are three star hotels with convenient rooms. We have an opttion on a certain number of rooms for early applicants (first come, first serve). After acceptance of your application, you receive a special code in order to make your booking. Hotel costs can vary but will be between €70 and €105 per night including breakfast. You will pay the actual costs of the hotel room and will be invoiced directly by the hotel.
Invoice and charging
The fee for the Summer School will be charged to you by invoice. The invoice has to be paid before July 15th.
1) It is only possible to apply for the whole week. If you are accepted you will be informed before June 18th.
2) The organisation has the right to cancel the Summer School if there are not enough applications.